Welcome to Chiswick Scottish!
Affiliated to the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society
"Kilts & Posh Frocks" dance on Sunday 17 December 2017
Our annual dance event, Kitlt & Posh Frocks, will be celebrated again this year on Sunday 17th December. Here is the flyer -
We will be at St Benedict's School Hall again with live music supplied by Strathallan and Jim Henderson will be our MC. The doors open at 6pm, with dancing from 6.30pm to 10.15pm.
It's a bring-and-share a plate of food event and as we have the use of the school's kitchen, items can be heated up/kept warm so long as they are pre-cooked so any offerings don't need to be just finger food. Wine and soft drinks will be provided.
The hall is within walking distance of Ealing Broadway tube station and there is a car park on site.
For cribs, diagrams and videos, please check our Diary Dates page (top right of this page).
Do come along and enjoy the evening's dancing with us!
CSCDC September 2017 Newsletter
Our September Newsletter has now been published. You can downbload a copy here:
Welcome to our new website!
You will, we hope, have noticed our new-look website which has been developed with input from the Club Committee. We hope that you will find it more pleasing to use.
There are some of the familiar functions as before:
- Diary Dates on the right-hand side of the Home page if you just want quick information about a particular day’s dancing.
If you click on the title of an event in the diary dates, you will see more details about the event, and links to ‘My Strathspey’ dance lists as well as flyers, cribs and diagrams to print out.
- A Contacts page for communicating with the Club officers,
- A page with general information about our classes and events,
- The Links page to our Chiswick Dancers’ Channel and other Scottish dancing organisations.
- We also have some pages to explain to newcomers what to expect and how to join us, as well as a new Club Calendar page which will be populated bit by bit. Our Home page now features updates on Club news and events and also shows our latest tweets to keep you up to date with things Chiswick Scottish.
There is more to come in the future, but one particularly welcome facility is that the new site works better when displayed on a smartphone or tablet.
We hope you like it!
Magic - that's what it was!
On Sunday 25th June, Midsummer Magic - our annual open-air picnic dance on the lawn at Chiswick House - closed our Scottish dancing term with a sparkle.
The lively music of the Craigievar Dance Band lured us all out onto the lawn to dance, while Rachel Wilton and Ken Martlew kept us all in order with their helpful MC-ing.
The weather was sunny and warm, the company was excellent and we had yet another wonderfully enjoyable evening of Scottish dancing with members, friends and visitors from other clubs.