Welcome to Chiswick Scottish!
Affiliated to the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society
Club Night - 25 March 2018
Our Club Night this Spring term will be on Sunday 25th March when Ian Robertson will be playing for us and Danielle and Jerry Reinstein wil be the MCs.
Priority booking for members begins at Chiswick Scottish from Sunday 25th February, for three weeks, until Sunday 18th March. On Monday 19th March any remaining tickets wil be available to non-members on a first-come-first-served basis. If you would like to book a ticket or tickets, please email tickets@chiswickscottish first of all, to save your place/s. Alternatively, you can buy your tickets on a Sunday evening at our dancing sessions.
Here is the flyer for Club Night - pdf Club Night Flyer
The programme, cribs and diagrams can be found on the Diary Dates page for Sunday 25th March (top right-hand corner of the Home page).
CSCDC January 2018 Newsletter
Our January Newsletter has now been published. You can view and downbload a copy here:
Welcome to our new website!
You will, we hope, have noticed our new-look website which has been developed with input from the Club Committee. We hope that you will find it more pleasing to use.
There are some of the familiar functions as before:
- Diary Dates on the right-hand side of the Home page if you just want quick information about a particular day’s dancing.
If you click on the title of an event in the diary dates, you will see more details about the event, and links to ‘My Strathspey’ dance lists as well as flyers, cribs and diagrams to print out.
- A Contacts page for communicating with the Club officers,
- A page with general information about our classes and events,
- The Links page to our Chiswick Dancers’ Channel and other Scottish dancing organisations.
- We also have some pages to explain to newcomers what to expect and how to join us, as well as a new Club Calendar page which will be populated bit by bit. Our Home page now features updates on Club news and events and also shows our latest tweets to keep you up to date with things Chiswick Scottish.
There is more to come in the future, but one particularly welcome facility is that the new site works better when displayed on a smartphone or tablet.
We hope you like it!
Magic - that's what it was!
On Sunday 25th June, Midsummer Magic - our annual open-air picnic dance on the lawn at Chiswick House - closed our Scottish dancing term with a sparkle.
The lively music of the Craigievar Dance Band lured us all out onto the lawn to dance, while Rachel Wilton and Ken Martlew kept us all in order with their helpful MC-ing.
The weather was sunny and warm, the company was excellent and we had yet another wonderfully enjoyable evening of Scottish dancing with members, friends and visitors from other clubs.